Welcome to the International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Iron Workers Probationary program, your paperwork is or will be processed, congratulations.
- The Halls address is 1138 Dewdney Avenue East, Regina, SK S4N 0E2
- The phone number is 306-533-7932
Here are a couple of notes for you to remember.
- Your monthly dues are your responsibility; you can pay for as many months at a time as you wish. You can pay your monthly dues by:
- dropping by the hall, we cannot accept cash
- calling in with a credit card
- leaving your credit card on file for monthly processing
- sending an e-transfer to
memo: Member’s Name (your name)
- When you get laid off, call the Hall, and have your name put on the out-of-work list. You will need to check the jobline and post in for the jobs you are interested in.
- As a Probationary member, you are invited to the monthly meetings which are held on the 4th Saturday of the month at 10:00 am. (There is no meeting in August or December.) You will be seated without a voice or vote, but it is a terrific way to get involved as a Member.
- You should always have a Steward on site. A Steward is a Union member who can assist you if you have questions regarding your pay, the agreement, your rights, and anything related to the Union. If you are on a site without a Steward, please contact the Hall to appoint one.
- All training, unless provided by your employer, is to be booked by contacting the training department at the Hall.
- Your benefits are through Coughlin & Associates Ltd. Once you are in benefit, you will receive a monthly statement from them.
- Our website, Local771.ca has member information under MEMBER SERVICES. Our site is regularly updated, and you can find the information you need there. Explore the different tabs to find what you need. You can email any of the staff at the Hall by clicking on the links HERE. We are always available to our members.
- We encourage you to have your supervisor complete evaluations on you and have them submitted to the Hall; your Steward can also help with this.
- If any of your contact information changes you need to let us know so we can update your file. You can send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- After 3 to 6 months, if you decide to continue your Ironworker career, you will need to apply for full membership. When you think you are ready to make the jump, reach out to us and we will get you the appropriate paperwork to fill out. Your membership will be brought up at a general membership meeting to get feedback from the members who have worked with you. If you are enrolling as an apprentice, the training department will assist you in completing the proper paperwork for school. We look after all the enrollment fees for apprenticeships.
There are a lot of things to learn about being a Union Member, if you have any questions, please reach out to us. We are always available to our Members, our contact info is below.
As a Probationary Member you will be entitled to the benefits listed HERE, please take a moment to review them.
Some of the benefits include:
- Life Insurance
- Member – $150,000
- Spouse – $15,000
- Child – $10,000
- Critical Illness
- Weekly Disability Income
- Long-Term Disability
- Mental Health Resource
- Prescription Drugs, Vision care and Dentalcare
- And much more.
Please note that your eligibility starts after we receive the 405 hours, hours are received on the 15th of the following month. This means if you reach 405 hours in March, we receive those hours in April. Therefore you should be in benefit effective May. You will receive a monthly report from Coughlin once you enter into benefits.
You could remain a probationary member for up to one year. After three to six months of probationary membership is reached, you can contact us to apply for full Membership. At that point, if you choose to do so, we will explain the full Membership application process.
Please feel free to reply to this email or call me at 306-434-0308 if you have any further questions.
You can also contact any of the other Officers/Staff at 306-522-7932 or email them directly HERE.
- Wayne Worrall Jr. – FST/Business Manager
- Kim Zimmerman – President/Trade Coordinator
- Steve Seager – Vice President
- Jonathan G Haasen – BA/Marketing Representative/Recording Secretary
- Jeff Hay – BA/Dispatcher
- Paul Gronick – Welding Shop Coordinator/Trainer