Please Note: MASKS ARE MANDATORY WHEN VISITING THE HALL
- What benefits are you entitled to? LINK
- COVID-19 Update: New Measures in Effect November 27, 2020 LINK
- The Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB) gives income support to employed and self-employed individuals who are unable to work because they are sick or need to self-isolate due to COVID-19 LINK
- Due to Provincial regulations of gathering sizes, we will NOT be having Membership meetings in person. Check your email for the link for the meetings being held via Zoom. You can sing up for the Membership emails here ===> LINK
- New procedure starting Aug 26th, 2020 LINK
- CWB testing has resumed LINK
- The Hall will be opening to the public on Monday, June 22nd, 2020. It will not be business as usual please read. Reopen Local 771
- CWB has extended the grace period following the originally stated expiry date of the welder qualification for the individual to conduct check testing to 6 months. LINK
- New changes to the Central Welfare Trust Fund May 1, 2020 LINK
- The monthly membership meeting for May 23nd, 2020 has been cancelled.
- The General Secretary’s Office has decided to waive the requirements of Article XX, Section 4 of the International Constitution requiring Local Unions to hold ten (10) or more meetings per year for this year only.
- The monthly membership meeting for April 25th, 2020 has been cancelled.
- The monthly membership meeting for March 28th, 2020 has been cancelled.
- The office is staffed but will remain closed to foot traffic. No one will be permitted to enter the Hall, other than deliveries. Should you need to drop something off, please call ahead and use the mail slot in the front door.
- School for our apprentices has been cancelled until further notice.
- All CWB testing is suspended until further notice. CWB has extended the following allowances:
- Welder qualifications (tickets) will be considered valid for a period of 3 months beyond the stated expiry date. During this 3 month period, the individual will still be considered qualified for the process/position noted on the qualification
- In addition, the 3 months grace period following the expiry of a welder qualification for the individual to conduct check testing will be increased to 6 months