Local 771 Job Line
Current Jobline Postings
Iron Workers Local No. 771
Job Dispatching Policy Rules
1. ALL JOURNEYMEN IRON WORKERS, WELDERS, APPRENTICES AND PROBATIONARY MEMBERS WILL BE DISPATCHED FOR WORK IF QUALIFIED AND FIT TO PERFORM THE WORK REQUIRED BY THE EMPLOYER, ON A FIRST "IN" FIRST "OUT" BASIS AND IN CONJUCTION WITH THE TERMS OF RELEVANT THE COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT.
2. WHERE THE UNION HAS REASONABLE GROUNDS TO SUSPECT THAT AN IRON WORKER MAY NOT BE PHYSICALLY OR MENTALLY FIT FOR WORK, THE UNION MAY REFUSE TO DISPATCH THE IRON WORKER UNLESS AND UNTIL THE IRON WORKER PROVIDES THE UNION WITH MEDICAL CLEARANCE IN A FORM ACCEPTABLE TO THE UNION.
3. NO IRON WORKER SHALL COMMENCE WORK FOR ANY EMPLOYER PERMORMING WORK WITHIN THE TERRITORIAL JURISDICTION OF LOCAL UNION NO. 771, WITHOUT FIRST OBTAINING A REFERRAL SLIP FROM THE LOCAL UNION OFFICE.
4. ALL IRON WORKERS ARE OBLIGATED TO HAVE THEIR MONTHLY DUES AND ASSESSMENTS PAID UP TO DATE PRIOR TO BEING DISPATCHED FOR WORK.
5. ALL IRON WORKERS WHO QUIT THEIR JOBS OR WHO ARE TERMINATED FOR JUST CAUSE SHALL NOTIFY THE UNION OFFICE AND THEIR NAMES WILL BE PLACED TO THE BOTTOM OF THE OUT OF WORK ROTATION LIST.
6. ALL IRON WORKERS WHO REQUEST THEIR EMPLOYER FOR A LAY-OFF, SHALL NOTIFY THE UNION OFFICE AND THEIR NAMES WILL BE PLACED TO THE BOTTOM OF THE ROTATION OUT OF WORK LIST.
7. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE INDIVIDUAL IRON WORKER TO CONTACT THE UNION OFFICE IN ORDER THAT HIS OR HER NAME MAY BE PLACED ON THE ROTATION OUT OF WORK LIST.
ALL OF THE MEMBERSHIP'S COOPERATION IS NECESSARY TO ABIDE BY THESE POLICY RULES. THESE RULES ARE SOLELY INTENDED THAT FAIRNESS WILL PREVAIL AMONGST ALL THE MEMBERSHIP IN RESPECT TO EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.
Please read the jobs available carefully and call
(306) 522-7932 ,when prompted, Press 2 to post in.
Members call before 9 AM – We will take the names of all members posting in before 9 AM and then refer to the out of work list for who is to be dispatched first.
Travel cards and permits call between 9Am and 10 AM
Post in is Monday to Friday only. NOT weekends or Holidays
PLEASE SPEAK CLEARLY WHEN LEAVING YOUR NAME AND NUMBER.
Leave your Book number when posting in.
All jobs strictly require pre-access drug and alcohol testing, if you cannot pass the test, do not take the test. Anyone who fails the test will be charged a $500.00 fine and will have to take a drug and alcohol return to work course before being dispatched again. You will need 2 proofs of residence for LOA jobs Only Income Tax Assessment, Property Tax Assessment, Unemployment Insurance and Utilities Receipt with home address (cannot be a cell phone bill, cannot be a drivers licence) will be accepted.** PLEASE NOTE: All proofs of residence MUST be an ORIGINAL DOCUMENT, copies will NOT be accepted. Before going to site a current CSTS or SCOT, a current Rights and Responsibilities and Fall protection ticket (tickets must be no older than 3 years or have a current expiration date as of your start date), Welders must have at a minimum a valid, all position SMAW to be dispatched. Supreme Steel and all jobs at BHP Jansen require fit for work testing. All workers must have proof of all trade and safety tickets. All travel cards must fax or produce a current dues receipt before being dispatched. All Iron Workers must have a rigging belt equipped with tools when they show up for work. VOID cheque for direct deposit.
PLEASE NOTE: By posting in for a job you agree that you have read and understand all the rules.
Contractor Name: BFI Constructors Ltd. – NMA
Location: Nutrien Cory – DAYS
Date(s): December 6, 2021
Duration: 2 weeks plus
Work Schedule: 4 – 10’s
1 – Structural Ironworker welder
Must be fully vaccinated ( 2 weeks after 2nd shot) as per Nutrien’s policy
Extra Information: CSTS/SCOT, R&R, Fall Protection, D&A Testing, Proof of All Trade Tickets, National Maintenance Agreement, No subsistence, AWP training, Rigging Belt, Must be able to work at heights, Aerial work platform certification
Extra’s: Metatarsal boots – Will need the General Mine Safety Awareness Course before going to work